Yard Long Armenian Cucumber
Regular price $2.45
Open pollinated. Heirloom.
- 65 days
- Cucumis melo var. flexuosus.
- Yard Long Armenian Cucumber has intrigued gardeners for years. Pale green ribbed fruits with thin skins.
- Tolerates dry conditions better than most cucumbers.
- Grows to a full 3 feet but best picked at 12" when cucumbers are 2-3" in diameter.
- An excellent slicer, good in salads. Combine with yogurt,a touch of garlic, salt & pepper for a superb gourmet dish.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60° to 95°. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70° to 80°. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.