Waltham 29 Broccoli
Regular price $2.45
- Heirloom. Open Polloinated. 29 -74 days.
- 20” Plants bear 5-6” heads, long stalks.
- Developed at the University of Massachusetts Waltham Field station around 1950.
- Cold hardy with good side shoot production after main head is harvested.
- Popular market variety especially for fall production
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors in spring 4 to 6 weeks before last frost with a minimum soil temperature of 50° -86° 77? optimum. Sow seeds ¼” deep with 3-4 per unit/inch thinning to one seedling. When seeds germinate move to a cooler, well lit area to produce sturdy transplants. Harden off seedlings 7 days prior to transplanting outdoors. Plant outdoors in well prepared soil, enriched with a complete garden fertilizer or rich compost, broccoli is considered a heavy feeder. Transplant outdoors when soil temperature is 60-65?. Water moderately and regularly. For fall crops plant seeds 1/4” deep and 2”- 4” apart outdoors in late summer. Thin seedlings to 8-10” apart when 6” tall.