Viroflay Giant Spinach
- 50 days.
- Plants can reach an astounding two feet in diameter.
- Viroflay Giant Spinach, slightly crumpled, 10” leaves are sweet and thick.
- An excellent spinach for cooking because there is so much cutting material.
- Plant in late summer for fall into early winter harvest or in early spring.
- French heirloom, introduced prior to 1875.
- Used in the breeding of many modern hybrids.
Planting Directions: Sow seed outdoors in early spring when soil temperatures have reached 45° to 75 °. Plant seed ½” deep thinning plants 4-6” apart. When preparing the soil add a general purpose fertilizer or compost .Spinach grows best when soil temperature reaches about 60°. Plant again in fall 60-70 days before first frost. Water light but regularly. Spinach bolts during hot weather or when there is more than 14 hours of light.