Vates Blue Curled Scotch Kale
Regular price $2.35
- Open pollinated. 55 days. Heirloom
- Kale is a nutritionally packed green and very high in vitamin A.
- The hardy 15 inch plants of Dwarf Blue Curled Kale spread 2 ft. producing blue green finely curled leaves.
- Kale prefers cool temperatures and thrives at 60 to 65 degrees. Sow in September for fall crop.
- A light frost improves flavor and adds sweetness.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring when soil temperature is between 45 to 85 degrees, optimum 72 degrees. Plant in fertile soil enriched with compost or garden fertilizer 2-3 weeks prior to planting. Sow seed 1/2” deep. Thin seedlings to stand 12-18” apart. Water heavy during growing season and do not water after first frost in fall. Sow in September for a fall and winter crop. Light frost improves flavor and sweetness