Tokyo Bekana Mustard
- Heirloom. Open pollinated. 21-45 days.
- Tokyo Bekana Mustard is a small Chinese type mustard-cabbage.
- Bright lime green leaves have ruffled margins with slender white petioles.
- Tender mild taste, fast growing all year around.
- Harvest young for baby salad greens, mature plants for soups and stir frys.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring as early as the ground can be well worked. Enrich with general purpose fertilizer or rich compost. Soil temperature for germination is 50-86?. Soil temperature for growing is 60?-70?. Seed should be planted 1/4” deep in rows 12” apart. When the plants are 1” high begin thinning and continue throughout the growing season until plants are 6” apart. Sow from early spring at 3 week intervals until summer for early crops. Fall crops sow from late summer to early fall.