Basil, Thai 'Siam Queen'
Ocimum basilicum. Annual. 24".
- Siam Queen Basil is an improved Thai basil; green leaves with purple flowers and stems.
- Plants can grow up to 2 feet tall.
- Highly aromatic licorice basil aroma.
- Used in southeast Asian Cuisine. Attractive container plants.
- All American Selection Winner for 1997.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 4 to 6 weeks before last frost in sterile seed starting mix at 75°-85°. Just barely cover the seed. Transplant to the garden when soil temperature is consistently 75°-85° in moderately fertile soil, spacing plants 6” apart. Basil needs warmth to grow, plant in full sun in a warm, sunny location. Water moderately and do not let the soil dry out as basil has shallow roots. In warm regions basil can be seeded directly in the garden when soil temperatures are adequate. When plants are 4-6” tall cut out the growing tips for a fuller, more productive plant. Begin harvesting when leaves are large enough to use and harvest all of the basil before cold weather begins.