Tah Tsai (Tatsoi)
Regular price $2.65
- 45 days.
- Deep green, spoon shaped leaves are thick and glossy.
- Flat pak choy (tatsoi), an easy to grow green, with good heat and cold resistance.
- Sow in late spring, summer or fall. Plants grow erect in summer but during cold weather form ground hugging rosettes.
- Especially valuable for a long winter harvest.
- Nutritious and tasty in soups and stir fry.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 4 to 6 weeks prior to your last frost date with soil temperatures of 75° to 80°. Plant seed ¼” to ½” deep. Transplant to garden in well prepared soil that has been amended with rich compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Space plants 8-10 inches apart. Wait to transplant until night temperatures are consistently above 50?. Best soil temperature for growing Pac Choi is 60° to 70°. Direct sow after last frost thinning plants 8 to 10 inches apart. The plants you thin out are excellent salad greens. Water regularly but a moderate amount. For a fall crop of Pac Choi, sow seed outdoors 10 to 12 weeks before first frost date in your area.