Table Queen Bush Acorn Squash
Regular price $2.65
- Cucurbita pepo Open pollinated. 85 days. Heirloom.
- Yellow orange dry, yet sweet flesh, green skinned winter squash.
- Table Queen Squash is big yielder and good keeper, bush 3' diameter as productive as trailing varieties.
- Cut in half and baked with a bit of butter, cinnamon and nutmeg for individual servings.
- Great to take out the winter chill.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring when soil is between 70° to 95?. Plant in soil that has been amended with rich compost or general garden fertilizer. Plant 6-8 seeds ½ - 1” deep in hills spaced 3’ to 6’ apart. Thin seedlings to 3 per hill. Seeds may also be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last frost. Transplant to hills after all danger of frost has past and soil has warmed and remains 65°-75?. Squash need heavy watering on a regular schedule. Fruits are ready when the rind is hard to the fingernail and the stems begin to dry.