Sweet Spanish Onion Utah Strain
Regular price $2.65
- Open pollinated. 115 days.
- Sweet Spanish Onion Utah Strain is mild, up to 6” onions, with amber skin and white flesh.
- Long Day type but forms well sized bulbs in Southwestern U.S.
- Popular home garden and market variety.
- Moderate storage quality when well dried.
- The state vegetable of Utah.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring as early as the ground can be worked and soil temperature is between 50? and 95?. Plant seed ½” deep. Sow indoors 8 weeks before last frost in spring. Keep soil temperature 50? to 95° and consistently moist for optimum germination. Plant in loose, well drained soil that has been enriched with compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Plant seed in a trench and as the onions grow fill in the trench with soil as this is a very tall bunching type onion. When the plants are 2” high, thin 2” to 3” apart. The greens you thin can be used in cooking or salads. Water moderately on a regular schedule. Plant in late summer for an early crop the next spring or summer.