Sweet Meat Winter Squash
Regular price $2.85
- 95 days.
- The orange meat is very sweet with excellent texture.
- The blue green fruits weigh 10 to 15+ lbs.
- Sweetness and flavor increases for six months while in storage.
- Introduced by the Gill Brother's Seed Company of Portland, Oregon in 1947. A hand me down seed saved for years by members of this family.
- Gardeners from all parts of the country appreciate this fine squash developed in Oregon.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring when soil is between 70° to 95°. Plant in soil that has been amended with rich compost or general garden fertilizer. Plant 6-8 seeds ½ - 1” deep in hills spaced 3’ to 6’ apart. Thin seedlings to 3 per hill. Seeds may also be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last frost. Transplant to hills after all danger of frost has past and soil has warmed and remains 65°-75°. Squash need heavy watering on a regular schedule. Fruits are ready when the rind is hard to the fingernail and the stems begin to dry.