Suyo "Brocade" Cucumber
- Open pollinated. 60 days.
- Old Asian variety, Suyo "Brocade" Cucumber is sweet, crisp, never bitter.
- Long, thin cucumbers with thin ridged peels are 12" long and 1 1/2" wide.
- Suyo "Brocade" Cucumbers are appreciated for their fine eating and fresh pickling qualities.
- Heat tolerant and adaptable, grows in most climates.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60? to 95?. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70? to 80?. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.