Sunshine Winter Squash (F1)
Regular price $3.95
- Cucurbita maxima Hybrid. 80-95 days.
- All America Selection 2004
- Vibrant orange-red color, sweet, nutty, creamy, absolutely smooth flesh.
- Short 6-8 foot vines of Sunshine Winter Squash (F1) are productive of 3 to 4 pound kabocha type fruits.
- The sweet, richly flavored flesh is impeccably refined.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring when soil is between 70° to 95?. Plant in soil that has been amended with rich compost or general garden fertilizer. Plant 6-8 seeds ½ - 1” deep in hills spaced 3’ to 6’ apart. Thin seedlings to 3 per hill. Seeds may also be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last frost. Transplant to hills after all danger of frost has past and soil has warmed and remains 65°-75?. Squash need heavy watering on a regular schedule. Fruits are ready when the rind is hard to the fingernail and the stems begin to dry.