Stupice Tomato Organic
Regular price $2.75
- Open pollinated. 65 days. Heirloom. Indeterminate.
- Early, prolific variety with exceptional flavor.
- Glossy red 2-3” tomatoes grow on compact 2-4’ foot vines.
- Stupice Tomato is an early maturing, reliable Czechoslovakian heirloom has earned a devoted following in the Pacific Northwest.
- Even though vines ar small we recommend a trellis or other support for best production.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65? to 95?. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70? in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.