Spring Raab Broccoli
Regular price $2.45
- Open pollinated. 45 days. Heirloom.
- Spring Raab Broccoli forms a good sized cluster. Harvest the shoots and leaves together, saute', combine with pasta, use in soups.
- Easy to handle, easty to grow, loaded with folic acid and vitamins.
- Plant from earliest spring to midsummer.
- Raab is closely related to turnips. Spring raab is faster growing, larger and less hardy than our Fall raab, Cimi de Rapa.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors in spring 4 to 6 weeks before last frost with a minimum soil temperature of 50° -86° 77?,optimum.Sow seeds ¼” deep with 3-4 per unit/inch thinning to one seedling. When seeds germinate move to a cooler, well lit area to produce sturdy transplants. Harden off seedlings 7 days prior to transplanting outdoors. Plant outdoors in well prepared soil, enriched with a complete garden fertilizer or rich compost, broccoli is considered a heavy feeder. Transplant outdoors when soil temperature is 60-65?. Water moderately and regularly. For fall crops plant seeds 1/4” deep and 2”- 4” apart outdoors in late summer. Thin seedlings to 8-10” apart when 6” tall.