Spinach Beet - Perpetual Spinach - Erbette
- Open pollinated. 55 days. Heirloom.
- Spinach Beet is a Nichols customer favorite.
- Small smooth tender dark green leaves.
- Spinach Beet provides a long harvest of tender greens through summer into early winter. Plants grow up to 12" tall.
- Drought, frost and bolt resistant.
Planting Directions: Sow seed outdoors in early spring when soil temperatures have reached 45? to 75? (optimum of 70?) Plant seed ½” deep thinning plants 4-5” apart. When preparing the soil add a general purpose fertilizer or compost .Spinach grows best when soil temperature reaches about 60?. Plant again in fall 60-70 days before first frost. Water light but regularly. Spinach bolts during hot weather or when there is more than 14 hours of light.