Regular price $2.95
- 60 days.
- Japanese and Korean favorite.
- Bushy plants produce an abundance of 4” thin walled tender peppers, of which in the green stage even seeds are edible.
- These fruits are intriguingly sweet with the slightest hint of heat.
- Shishito Peppers are eaten whole and eaten in the green stage, even the seeds remain tender. Quickly fry in a hot covered skillet with a little oil and salt, use for tempura, serve with dips, sushi, pickle the surplus.
- Mature fruits turn bright red.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Plant seed ¼” deep in sterile seed mix and maintain soil temperature of 65° to 95° with 85° optimum for germination. Germinates in 5 to 14 days. Transplant when first set of true leaves appear. Fertilize regularly and provide at least 12 hours of light per day. Transplant into garden when soil temperatures are70°-85° in soil enriched with rich compost or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plant 12” apart and water moderately and evenly until peppers form. Reduce water as peppers mature. Peppers need warmth to grow so do not rush transplanting into the garden.