Shanghai Pak Choi
Regular price $2.45
- Brassica rapa var. chinensis. Open pollinated. 40-50 days.
- A warm weather variety to grow from spring to fall.
- The flavorful, tender stems are tinged with green.
- Strong and sturdy against heat.
- Shanghai Pak Choi grows rapidly and can be harvested from an early stage.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 4 to 6 weeks prior to your last frost date with soil temperatures of 75? to 80?. Plant seed ¼” to ½” deep. Transplant to garden in well prepared soil that has been amended with rich compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Space plants 8-10 inches apart. Wait to transplant until night temperatures are consistently above 50?. Best soil temperature for growing Pac Choi is 60? to 70?. Direct sow after last frost thinning plants 8 to 10 inches apart. The plants you thin out are excellent salad greens. Water regularly but a moderate amount. For a fall crop of Pac Choi, sow seed outdoors 10 to 12 weeks before first frost date in your area.