Scarlet Emperor Runner Pole Bean
Regular price $3.25
- Phaseolus coccinius. Open Pollinated. 70 days.
- Scarlet Runner Beans, superior English selection.
- The striking scarlet flowers of this variety make a splashy show against a fence or trellis.
- The added bonus: large fleshy, exceptionally good-flavored, long pods.
- For best table quality pick the green pods when 6"-8".
- Northern gardeners take notice, this is an excellent cool weather variety.
- Purple-black seed. Pole type, vigorous vines.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60°- 70° is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production.