Royal Burgundy Bush Bean
Regular price $3.25
- 55 days. Bush bean.
- Tender, stringless, slightly curved 5", round, deep-purple pods turn green when cooked.
- A favorite in western Oregon as it germinates and grows in cold, wet soil.
- Good yields; excellent flavor. Eye-catching lavender flowers.
- Produces a few short runners, no need to stake.
- Children love seeing the "magic" purple beans turn to green as they cook. When immersed in boiling water the anthocyanin molecules break down exposing the green chlorophyll.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60°, 70° is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production.