Red Noodle Yard Long Asparagus Bean
- Vigna sesquipedalis. Open Pollinated. 75 days. Pole Type.
- 4'-5'.Exceptional red version, produces stunning 20"-30" pods.
- A knock-your-sock-off vine, which needs a trelllis or support. Container gardeners, grow this in a wine barrel.
- Vigorous heat-loving plant.
- For optimum quality, harvest pods when the beans bulge slightly in the pod.
- Long picking period.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60?, 70? is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water regularly until harvest at which time water deep just after you pick. We recommend using a legume inoculant when planting.