Purple Sprouting Broccoli
Regular price $2.75
- Open pollinated. Heirloom. 120 days.
- Extremely cold hardy broccoli that must over-winter before setting heads and bud shoots.
- Tall 30" height 12"-18" diameter loose heads.
- Sow seed in late summer, over winter, harvest early to late spring as tender sweet shoots develop. Avoid cutting early leaves as they protect developing shoots.
- When cooked purple shoots turn bright, dark green. High in anthocyanins, cold hardy. `
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors in spring 4 to 6 weeks before last frost with a minimum soil temperature of 50° -86° 77?,optimum.Sow seeds ¼” deep with 3-4 per unit/inch thinning to one seedling. When seeds germinate move to a cooler, well lit area to produce sturdy transplants. Harden off seedlings 7 days prior to transplanting outdoors. Plant outdoors in well prepared soil, enriched with a complete garden fertilizer or rich compost, broccoli is considered a heavy feeder. Transplant outdoors when soil temperature is 60-65?. Water moderately and regularly. For fall crops plant seeds 1/4” deep and 2”- 4” apart outdoors in late summer. Thin seedlings to 8-10” apart when 6” tall.