Polish Amaranth Organic
- Amaranthus cruentus 40 days; Open pollinated.
- Deep burgundy tones of Polish Amaranth bring vibrant color to mixed summer salads.
- Smaller framed than other culinary amaranths so it’s well enough behaved for the ornamental garden where it adds a note of drama.
- Nutritious seeds are a songbird favorite.
- Grows to 3 to 4 feet tall.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed and soil temperatures have reached 45-75?, can be planted successively every one to two weeks until weather warms. Start seed indoors 4 weeks prior to last frost and transplant when soil temperature has warmed to 50 to 70?. Sow seed ½” deep, thin plants to stand 2-4” apart. Plant in well prepared soil that has some organic matter. Amend soil with rich compost or general garden fertilizer.