Regular price $2.75
- Open pollinated. Organic. 75 Days. Heirloom Bred in Monmouth Oregon by Aaron Pike in the 1930’s.
- It is the result of a cross between Spear Melon and Hearts of Gold, this melon was selected to grow in heavy dry clay soil.
- Said to produce a three pound melon on dry clay soil and a six pound melon when irrigated.
- Our seed crop was irrigated and the melons were large, sweetly luscious and fragrant. Heavily netted melons, vigorous plants.
- Grow these and bite into a bit of Oregon history. Melons are too tender for shipping or long term storage.