Oxheart Giantissimo Tomato
- 85 days from transplant. Indeterminate.
- Nice for stuffing. Have you ever heard of a tomato weighing 2 1/2 lbs.? Here is one that can go that heavy.
- It has an unusual form; Oxheart Giantissimo Tomato is shaped like a big heart.
- Solid interior, with thick firm walls, and very few seeds.
- Rose pink fruit.
- An old fashioned heirloom variety for the home garden.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65° to 95°. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70° in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.