Oregon Giant Sugar Pod Pea
Regular price $2.85
- 70 days.
- Bush vines grow to 30".
- Large wide pods (5 1/2" X 1") are sweet and succulent.
- Oregon Giant Sugar Pod Pea are semi-wrinkled seed lacks the bitterness associated with some edible podded varieties so you can safely pick these a little plumper and more mature.
- Resistant to pea enation mosaic virus, powdery mildew, and fusarium (race 1).
- Recommended for the full season. Last sowing in Western Oregon is August 1.
- Developed by Dr. James Baggett at Oregon State University
Planting Directions: Sow seeds directly outdoors in early spring as soon as the ground can be worked. Germinates at 40° - 75 .Plant seeds 1” deep, 3” apart, in rows spaced 2 1/2’. . Plant directly outdoors again in summer 2-3 months before last frost. Plant in full sun. For best quality harvest peas just before using.