New Zealand Everlasting Spinach
- 70 days.
- New Zealand Everlasting Spinach requires up to 28 days to germination.
- Plants grow 3 to 4 ft tall. Best harvested when tender at 12".
- Although not a true spinach, it is quite similar in flavor.
- Heat resistant plants produce fleshy, crisp, green leaves.
- Young stem tips can be picked repeatedly.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring after danger of frost has passed and soil temperatures have reached 50°-65°, can be planted successively every one to two weeks until weather warms. Start seed indoors 4 weeks prior to last frost and transplant when soil temperature has warmed to 50° to 70°. Sow seed ½” deep, thin plants to stand 2-4” apart. Plant in well prepared soil that has some organic matter. Amend soil with rich compost or general garden fertilizer.