National Pickling Cucumber
Regular price $1.95
- Open Pollinated. Heirloom. 56 days.
- Introduced in 1929 by the National Pickle Packers Association.
- Harvest blocky fruits of National Pickling Cucumber starting at 2-6 inches.
- This Kirby type is suitable for both pickling and fresh use, rarely bitter.
- Multiple disease resistance including cucumber mosaic virus and scab.
- Keep them picked and you’ll harvest all season long.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60? to 95?. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70? to 80?. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.