Mercury Cucumber (F1)
Regular price $2.95
- Hybrid 50-55 days Improved Beit Alpha type, exceptionally productive, early, plants are loaded with slender, thin-skinned crisp fruits.
- Harvest these sweet cukes when 4”-7”, seeds develop slowly.
- Highest quality for this type of cucumber, we welcome it’s early crop and productivity.
- Planting one or two new hills every 3-4 weeks will assure a long harvest.
- High yields, compact frame, sweet flavor and fine texture will make this an instant favorite.
- Monecious, sets both male and female flowers.
- Resistant to powdery mildew and cucumber mosaic virus.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60? to 95?. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70? to 80?. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.