Mei Qing Choy Pac Choi (F1)
Regular price $2.95
- Brassica rapa var. chinensis Hybrid. 45 days.
- Mei Qing Choy Pac Choi Produces a 6 to 8 baby pak choy in 28 days.
- Upright smooth exceptionally tender dark-green leaves.
- Good heat and cold tolerance.
- Sow in spring summer or fall. Slow to bolt.
- Holds extremely well in cold weather.
- Easy to grow.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 4 to 6 weeks prior to your last frost date with soil temperatures of 75? to 80?. Plant seed ¼” to ½” deep. Transplant to garden in well prepared soil that has been amended with rich compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Space plants 8-10 inches apart. Wait to transplant until night temperatures are consistently above 50?. Best soil temperature for growing Pac Choi is 60? to 70?. Direct sow after last frost thinning plants 8 to 10 inches apart. The plants you thin out are excellent salad greens. Water regularly but a moderate amount. For a fall crop of Pac Choi, sow seed outdoors 10 to 12 weeks before first frost date in your area.