Martino's Roma Tomato
Regular price $2.95
- 70 days from transplant. Determinate.
- Incredible yields from this 2oz.-3oz.pear shaped roma.
- Richly flavored with balance of acidity and sweetness.
- Thick fleshed with a little more juice and fewer seeds than modern Roma varieties. Use for sauce, salsa, paste, canning, salads, and fresh eating.
- Foliage is puckered (rugose). Vigorous plant with a concentrated fruit set. Will do well in a large container.
- Originated in Italy and brought to Finger Lakes region of New York and then carefully selected over many years to develop the best seed.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65° to 95°. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70° in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.