Market More 76 Cucumber
Regular price $2.95
- 56 days
- Slender, uniform 8-9” dark green fruits, stand up to hot weather.
- Never bitter, fresh flavor, and the most widely grown slicer in the U.S.
- Bred by Dr. Henry Munger of Cornell University, released in 1976.
- Long harvest period, outstanding vigor, tolerant to CMV, DM, PM, resistant to scab.
- An heirloom in the making.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60° to 95°. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70° to 80°. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.