Magic Manna Flour Corn
- 85 days
- This newly released artisan corn is bred by Carol Deppe.
- Notable for it’s rich aromatic flavor, vigor and early maturity.
- Excellent for pancakes, sweet breads, Angel food & Chiffon cake as well as parching. Not for polenta.
- Soft dry kernels are easily ground in a coffee grinder or hand mill.
- This is a very pure flour corn but if by chance any flint or sweet corn kernels appear do not save any planting seed from that ear.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost has past and soil temperature is between 60° and 95°. Plant seed 1” to 1 1/2” deep, 3-4 seeds per hill spaced 4”-6” apart. Plant in blocks of 2-4 rows to optimize germination. Corn is a heavy feeder especially of nitrogen. Plant in well prepared soil amended with rich compost or a complete garden fertilizer. Plant in full sun. Water moderately and increase watering when tassels appear.