Long Thin Cayenne Pepper
Regular price $2.95
- 75 days.
- 2' Very hot, 6” long, slender, thin walled fruits turn from dark green to bright red.
- Long Thin Cayenne Pepper are distinguished by the curved shape, and wrinkled pendant fruits.
- A stake or cage increases production as plants tend to become top heavy.
- The red ripe peppers dress up jars of pickled green beans.
- This American classic is also known as Long Red Slim Cayenne, Slim Cayenne, Long Narrow Cayenne, and Cayenne, Long Red Narrow.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Plant seed ¼” deep in sterile seed mix and maintain soil temperature of 65° to 95° with 85° optimum for germination. Germinates in 5 to 14 days. Transplant when first set of true leaves appear. Fertilize regularly and provide at least 12 hours of light per day. Transplant into garden when soil temperatures are 70°-85° in soil enriched with rich compost or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plant 12” apart and water moderately and evenly until peppers form. Reduce water as peppers mature. Peppers need warmth to grow so do not rush transplanting into the garden.