- Open pollinated. 68 Days. Determinate.
- A true late blight resistant tomato. Legend steadily produces large 4-5 inch tomatoesall season.
- Early, high quality, richly flavored, fruits are round, red, and seedless. Only at the end of the growing season does this shy seeder produce seeded fruits.
- Gardeners who have experienced losses due to late blight will love the reliability and quality of Legend.
- Selected by Dr. James R. Baggett, professor emeritus Oregon State University.
- Nichols seed production.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65? to 95?. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70? in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.