Kentucky Wonder Pole Bean
Regular price $3.25
- 65 days. 6'.
- A tasty old favorite, used fresh, green or dry-shelled.
- Vigorous 6' vines produce round, thick, meaty beans 9-10" long. The best green beans are picked before the seeds begin bulging in the pod.
- The dried beans are an excellent vegetable protein, which can be used as a meal stretcher.
- First introduced in 1864.
- Rust resistant; succeeds everywhere.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60°, 70° is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production.