Green Zebra Tomato
- Open pollinated. 85 days from transplant.
- Very unusual, round 3 oz Green Zebra Tomato matures green with darker green stripes.
- A hint of yellow indicates ripenesss.
- Surprising flavor, zesty, sweet and spritely.
- The emerald flesh makes this a great choice for salads, fried green tomatoes and salsas.
- Developed by tomato breeder Tom Wagner in 1985. Unique.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65? to 95?. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70? in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.