Giant Prague Celeriac
Regular price $2.45
- 110 days.
- An elite European strain.
- Large solid roots have a subtle nutty flavor. Unique flavor much used in Northern Europe.
- Holds in plastic tunneled beds all winter here in the Northwest.
- Harvest any time the roots reach a diameter of 2 to 4 inches.
- Fall harvested roots taste better and store longer. Approx 50,000 seeds per ounce.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 10 weeks before last frost date. Celery seed needs light to germinate, so barely cover the seed. Soil temperature for best germination is 70˜ and soil temperature for best growth is 60°-70°. Transplant outdoors when day temperatures are stay above 55° and night temperatures are above 40°. Plant in rich soil that has been amended with a good amount of rich organic matter. Keep weed free and water as needed to keep soil moist but not soggy.