Fortex Pole Bean
- Open Pollinated. 60 Days.
- One of the great pole beans, slightly sweet, delicious picked at any size. Begin harvesting when beans reach 7” for haricot verts.
- Most commonly picked when 10”-11”. Vigorous productive vines.
- Brown seeded which is associated with richer flavor.
- Good fresh or frozen, stringless.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60?, 70? is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production. We recommend using a legume inoculant when planting.