Evergreen Hardy White Bunching Onion
- 60 days.
- Evergreen Hardy White Bunching Onion , a unique onion that should be in every garden.
- A perennial onion which forms long, slender onions with tender shoots.
- Grows fast begin harvest when 6-8" tall
- Divide clumps second year to produce a new crop.
- Can be fall or spring planted.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring as early as the ground can be worked and soil temperature is between 50° and 95°. Plant seed ½” deep. Sow indoors 8 weeks before last frost in spring. Keep soil temperature 50° to 95° and consistently moist for optimum germination. Plant in loose, well drained soil that has been enriched with compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Plant seed in a trench and as the onions grow fill in the trench with soil as this is a very tall bunching type onion. When the plants are 2” high, thin 2” to 3” apart. The greens you thin can be used in cooking or salads. Water moderately on a regular schedule. Plant in late summer for an early crop the next spring or summer.