Early Treviso Radicchio Organic Chicory
- Open Pollinated. 85 days. Heirloom.
- Easy to grow, upright, compact weather resistant.
- Sow in July for winter crop.
- First leaves are mottled green, followed by lovely crimson-white heads.
- I like planting these in a container and then adding pink tulips.
Planting Directions: Plant in early spring and again in early July for a fall harvest. Soil temperature should be 55-75? for best germination with seed planted 1/4” deep. Thin plants when they are 1” high to 8” apart. Protect from hot weather by using shade cloth. Greens harvested in colder weather tend to be sweeter.