Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin
Regular price $3.95
- Cucurbita maxima. Open Pollinated. 125 days.
- Dill'a Scotia, who won four consecutive International Pumpkin Growing Championships from l979 to l982.
- New world records weigh in at more than 1200 amazing pounds.
- Specific cultural directions from Howard Dill included.
- For the largest pumpkins, early fruit are removed so the vine can be more vigorous before fruit set. Then one fruit is selected for the final large pumpkin.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring when ground has warmed 70? to 95°, with 86 optimum. Plant in soil that has been amended with rich compost or general garden fertilizer. Plant 6-8 seeds 1/2” to 1” deep in hills spaced 6’-8’ apart. Thin seedlings to 3 per hill. Seeds may also be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last frost. Transplant to hills after all danger of frost has past and soil remains a consistent 65°-75?Pumpkins need heavy watering on a regular schedule. Fruits are ready when the rind is hard to the fingernail and changes color to orange.