Cool Customer Cucumber
- 55 days. A rugged pickler produces uniform blocky 4-5" cucumbers over a long harvest time.
- Withstands the demands of both a market grower and a home gardener
- Small seed cavity and blocky rather than tapered blossom end makes this a perfect fresh eating or pickling cucumber.
- The vigorous vines hold up to late season stresses and diseases better than other varieties.
- Developed by Dr. John Navazio at Johnny's Selected Seeds.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60° to 95°. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70° to 80°. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis for straighter cucumbers and better production.