Clemson Spineless Okra Organic
- Open pollinated. 48-60 days.
- Vigorous, productive 3 - 5' plants produce uniform, straight, spineless pods.
- Clemson Spineless Okra has a more open habit and more productive than standard okra.
- Keep okra well picked to maintain production. If mature seed pods form production slows down.
- Packet sows a 25 foot row.
Planting Directions: Plant seed 1” deep in sterile seed starting mix, 5-6 weeks before last frost. Maintain soil temperature of 80-95?. Transplant into garden when soil stays 75? or warmer, space plants 12” apart in loose, well prepared soil. Soil should be amended with compost or a general garden fertilizer. Direct sow only in warm regions and in cooler areas plants benefit from use of a garden blanket until weather warms sufficiently. Although pods grow 6-7”, pick earlier and regularly to prolong the bearing season.