Chinese Pak Choi
Regular price $2.95
- 65 days.
- One of the choicest and most popular of all our Asian vegetables.
- First first picking is ready for the table in 30 days.
- Glossy thick leaves of Chinese Pak Choi resemble Swiss Chard.
- Excellent for greens or stir fry.
- Cold resistant, slow to bolt.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 4 to 6 weeks prior to your last frost date with soil temperatures of 75° to 80°. Plant seed ¼” to ½” deep. Transplant to garden in well prepared soil that has been amended with rich compost or a general purpose garden fertilizer. Space plants 8-10 inches apart. Wait to transplant until night temperatures are consistently above 50°. Best soil temperature for growing Pac Choi is 60° to 70°. Direct sow after last frost thinning plants 8 to 10 inches apart. The plants you thin out are excellent salad greens. Water regularly but a moderate amount. For a fall crop of Pac Choi, sow seed outdoors 10 to 12 weeks before first frost date in your area.