Calypso Cucumber (F1)
Regular price $2.95
- 52 days. Gynoecious (sets all female flowers).
- Calypso Cucumber produces an abundance of medium dark green cucumbers with white spines, one of the most prolific varieties.
- Best picked at 4” for eating and pickling.
- Good disease resistance, Angular Leaf Spot, Anthracnose, Cucumber Mosaic Virus, Powdery Mildew, Scab.
- Pick early in the day for crisper cucumbers.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost is past and the soil temperature is between 60° to 95°. Plant seed 1/2” to 1” deep in hills of 4-6 seeds spaced 2-3’ apart. Prepare the soil in early spring incorporating rich compost or a general garden fertilizer as soil requires. Sow transplants indoors 4 weeks before setting out in the garden. Cucumber is a warm weather vegetable, maintain soil temperatures of 70° to 80°. Regular, generous watering after the blossoms appear boosts yields and produces uniform, non-bitter fruits. Trellis vine types for straighter cucumbers and better production.