Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper
Regular price $2.75
- OP Bulgarian Heirloom 18” plant.
- Fluorescent-orange peppers of Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper are not just feisty hot but also a fruity note, for great hot pepper jelly.
- Fruit size 3.5” with thin walls.
- Use in chutneys, seasoning, salsas.
- Plant where you’ll get a kick out of a “carrot pepper” talking point.
- Compact plants good for container gardening.
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Plant seed ¼” deep in sterile seed mix and maintain soil temperature of 65? to 95° with 85° optimum for germination. Germinates in 5 to 14 days. Transplant when first set of true leaves appear. Fertilize regularly and provide at least 12 hours of light per day. Transplant into garden when soil temperatures are 70°-85? in soil enriched with rich compost or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plant 12” apart and water moderately and evenly until peppers form. Reduce water as peppers mature. Peppers need warmth to grow so do not rush transplanting into the garden.