Blue Lake OSU 274 Bush Bean
- Open Pollinated. 58 days.
- High yielding bush bean comparable in texture, quality,and tenderness to pole Blue Lakes types.
- One of the most delectable green beans. Pods are 5” to 6”, excellent fresh, frozen, canned or pickled. Extended harvest for a bush bean
- Resistance: common mosaic.
- Widely adapted, it is recommended by extension services from Texas to the Northwest.
- Can be planted in a variety of situations across the country.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60?, 70? is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production. We recommend using a legume inoculant when planting.