Blue Lake OSU 274 Bush Bean
Regular price $3.25
- 58 days.
- High yielding bush bean comparable in texture, quality,and tenderness to pole Blue Lakes types.
- One of the most delectable green beans. Pods are 5” to 6”, excellent fresh, frozen, canned or pickled. Extended harvest for a bush bean
- Resistance: common mosaic.
- Widely adapted, it is recommended by extension services from Texas to the Northwest.
- Can be planted in a variety of situations across the country.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60°, 70° is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Plant in full sun. Plant in moderately fertile soil. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Germination usually takes 7 to 14 days when properly tended. After each picking water deep to prolong production. Plant several plantings in 3 week intervals to prolong the harvest period.
More Info: All beans, Phaseolus vulgaris, are native to the new world and easy to grow. These include garden beans, kidney beans and runner beans.