Black Krim Organic
- Organic Black Krim
- Open pollinated. 80 days from transplant. Heirloom.
- Indeterminate. Slightly flattened, dark-purple, 4" fruits; Black Krim is nearly black at the shoulders, shading to red at the base.
- Glistening interior; amazing play of red, black and green.
- Sweet, intense flavor won our hearts in this year of slow-ripening tomatoes.
- From the Crimean region of Russia and Ukraine.
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65 to 95 degrees. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70? in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.