Benning Green Tint Scallop Squash
- 55 days.
- Bush Habit. Benning Green Tint Scallop Squash is an early productive squash with outstanding tenderness and flavor.
- Harvest at 2”-3” for best quality and to maintain a long production period.
- First listed in seed catalogs in 1914, One of the first summer squash with a bush habit.
- We like the open plant structure for easy harvesting.
- Skewer the little 1”-2” fruits for easy grilling, a light brushing of olive oil adds to flavor and appearance.
Planting Directions: Plant outdoors in spring after soil is thoroughly and consistently warm with soil temperature 70° to 95° -85° for optimum germination. Plant 4 to 6 seeds ½ to 1” deep in mounds about 3-6’ apart. To set out transplants start seed indoors 3-4 weeks before last frost in sterile seed starting mix that is consistently kept at 70-95° with 85° optimum. Transplant into garden when soil temperature is between 65° and 75°. Plant in well prepared soil that has been enriched with rich compost or general purpose garden fertilizer. Water thoroughly and often during growing season through harvest time. Summer squash is best picked small. To maintain production pick squash regularly.