Ball's Orange Calendula
Regular price $2.95
- Calendula officinalis
- Annual/12-24" 60 days.
- Large 2-3” intense orange blooms with long stems produced on mounding narrow leafed plants.
- Fully double flowers bloom all season until a hard frost in fall.
- Edible flower petals add color to salads, sandwiches.
- Attracts pollinators to your garden and drought tolerant.
- Will self sow. An easy to grow flower that adds color to any situation all summer long.
Planting Directions: Sow indoors 6-8 weeks prior to last frost or direct seed outdoors in early spring, late fall or early summer for fall bloom in regions with cool summers. Plant seed ¼” deep with soil temperature of 70°. Seed germinates in 6 to 14 days. Transplant seedlings to garden after last frost in full sun or where summers are extremwely hot plant in light shadePlant in soil amended with compost or a general garden fertilizer. Pinch back young plants to encourage bushy growth thus more blossoms. Water moderately and deadhead often. Flowers are used in salads and cooking